[bksvol-discuss] Re: Remove from scan list

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:16:26 EDT

Nevertheless, though, there are physical disabilities that do not qualify
one for NLS services. However, the exact same qualifications hold for the NLS,
RFB&D and Bookshare, so I don't see that it makes a difference. In a message
dated 9/22/2008 10:03:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scenter@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

NLS does cover physical disabilites. e:

_http://www.loc.gov/nls/eligible.html_ (http://www.loc.gov/nls/eligible.html)

So for example a person with inability to read regular print  because of
partial vision, fatique, dyslexia, organic brain  dysfunction, inability to
hold a
book or turn  pages are some of the physical disabilities that are accepted
under  NLS.

Colleen Edwards