[bksvol-discuss] ReOT: Tactile Screens

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 05:47:14 -0700

Thanks, Kellie. I wasn't aware that this kind of thing was as far along as it was. The panning up and down is not a problem, because when looking at a raised-line map on paper, say, you have to do that with your fingers anyway to get the whole picture. So putting small pieces together into a larger one is something I learned to do when looking at Atlases in grade school.

As for the price, well, I kind of figured it would be something astronomical. Because it has such a limited market - even only a minority of blind people would use it - the price will probably not come down much. But this is one of those cases where I would be happy to be proved wrong. <smile>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>