[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on Multiple Title Pages and DAISY Navigation

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:52:03 -0800

Hi Judy,

I just downloaded a book that has multiple instances of the title enlarged
and bolded. Each shows up as a separate navigational point.  But I don't
find navigating between points slowed down by this as for me, whether using
the xml file, or my audio device for reading daisy, I advance from heading
to heading simply by pressing a button once.  But if only one instance of
the title is preferred and that instance is (sensibly) the instance where it
appears with the author's name and the name of the publisher, then only
bolding and enlarging one of the instances of the title of a book in the
preliminary pages makes sense.  But for me, I'd rather have too many
instances of the title noted than too few.  Just my opinion though.

Mayrie

  _____