[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on Multiple Title Pages and DAISY Navigation

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:06:54 -0500

If the title page and only the title page had the highest navigation point I don't really see the point in having that navigation point at all. The title page only tells you the title of the book and if you are reading the book you probably already know that. I don't do a lot of navigation around in Daisy books either, but if I did I would probably be uninterested in navigating to the title page anyway. It would not interfere with anything for the title page to be a navigation point. I just would not have much reason to go there. It would come in handy to have that level of navigation available for other things too, so that more levels are freed up for other possible navigation levels.

On 1/11/2012 8:18 PM, Judy s. wrote:
I've got a new question now, after reading the various answers in the thread on font sizes and the title page. smile.

What happens with DAISY navigation when there are multiple pages in the front of a book where the title appears as a title-type page, and we make the title 20 points in size on every one of those pages? I don't use the DAISY navigation myself when reading a book currently, as I use the XML file.

But, it would seem to me, though, that making the title 20 points in multiple places kind of defeats the purpose of having a distinct title page in regards to navigation? Or doesn't it matter when you're using the DAISY navigation, and it's easy to zip through from point to point even with multiple 20 point font title pages?

Is what I'm trying to ask making any sense? I'm not being contrarian (honest! grin). I'm just trying to understand what works best for the navigation for you guys who can't use the visual cues that I rely on to navigate through a book. smile.

Judy s.