[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book I am working on.

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:54:53 -0600

Dear Judy;

Sorry to be slow after acquiring the book to prepare to scan it. I have asked a
number of teachers and done a reading both ways of this book with and without
picture descriptions, and everyone was pretty much in agreement that trying to
take time to describe the pictures detracted from the cadence and rhyming of
the nursery rhyme. I will be glad to scan the book I mentioned, but we would
probably not recommend (or do ourselves) picture descriptions since they would
be overpowering to the text. It’s one of those places where a picture’s worth
1000 words but the thousand words would overpower the nursery rhymes. ;-)

I hope that makes sense and that you are disappointed… Thanks!

Valerie