[bksvol-discuss] Question About a Special Character in Names

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:27:29 -0700

I'm nearly finished validating this book in which most of the characters are Norwegian, or at least Scandinavian. A couple of the names start with an O which has a diagonal line running through it from lower left to upper right. Does anyone know what that is and how to replicate it on the keyboard? Apparently, it does change the pronunciation of the name, because I have the NLS version and it is not pronounced O, as in Olvira, but more like Elvira, though not exactly. Hearing it pronounced, I would have said it sounds something like an umlaut, but it doesn't look like one in print.

Thanks for any info.

Evan