[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publisher Quality books added

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:12:13 -0800 (PST)

I think, and rightly so, that people don't want to know about what they can't
have. But if we know what isn't accessible, we can help to make it accessible.
That's all.

  I know if there is a book a library won't loan out through ILL, it only makes
me want that book more. Of course, I can buy the book if I truly want it bad
enough. With the NIMAC books, people who don't qualify can't have them, and not
only can't they have them, they can't just go out and buy it like I could.

  I wouldn't necessarily add them to the books list, the new books list I mean,
if people don't want that, but I'd keep a list of them somewhere and see if
they are worth scanning.

  Textbooks, while there may be a desire for them, probably aren't going to be
high on anybody's scan list. They're so hard to scan. But other books, they may
be worth looking into.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Killer hair : a crime of fashion mystery / Ellen Byerrum

I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
Click here for eBay!