[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publisher Quality books added

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:08:34 -0800 (PST)

O.K. There is a link to NIMAC books on the Volunteer
Home Page right under Browse Books.

So I won't put them on the Books Added page, but I can
put a note at the end of the list that some new NIMAC
books have been added and are accessible from the
Volunteer Home Page when there are some new ones.
Today, i.e., Sunday, there weren't any.

Cindy

--- "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I think, and rightly so, that people don't want to
> know about what they can't have. But if we know what
> isn't accessible, we can help to make it accessible.
> That's all.
>
>   I know if there is a book a library won't loan out
> through ILL, it only makes me want that book more.
> Of course, I can buy the book if I truly want it bad
> enough. With the NIMAC books, people who don't
> qualify can't have them, and not only can't they
> have them, they can't just go out and buy it like I
> could.
>
>   I wouldn't necessarily add them to the books list,
> the new books list I mean, if people don't want
> that, but I'd keep a list of them somewhere and see
> if they are worth scanning.
>
>   Textbooks, while there may be a desire for them,
> probably aren't going to be high on anybody's scan
> list. They're so hard to scan. But other books, they
> may be worth looking into.
>

> Jamie in Michigan
> Currently Reading - Killer hair : a crime of fashion
> mystery / Ellen Byerrum
>
> I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
> Click here for eBay!

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/