[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT subscription expired

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:46:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, Sue,

Hang in there. I'd suggest writing directly to Peter
and/or Gustavo explaining what happened and sending
another check. If your original check turns up, you'll
either get credit for another year (do they allow
payment for two years or more in a row?) or they'll
return one of your checks. I'm sure under the
circumstances they'll extend the deadline. In the
meantime, of course, you can download and validate
books, giving you the opportunity to read them and
keep them that way.

We need and appreciate not only your validating
efforts, because you are one of the so-called
perfectionists like many of us on this list providing
excellent readable books, but we need you on this
list--your sense of humor, your good advice--and let's
not forget your assistance in "decorating" the offices
of conference attendees when they're away at the
conferences.  :-)

Let us know what happens. Probably by next week your
check will have been credited.

BTW, Are you sure you remembered to sign it? I've had,
in the past, checks returned to me because I forgot to
sign it--or in one case returned by the post office
because I forgot to put  the city on the envelope.
now I don't write/mail checks at night when I'm tired,
and I also mail them ten days in advance of their due
date instead of a week so that if a check is returned
to me I can still get the payment in on time.

Cindy