[bksvol-discuss] New submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:21:55 -0600

Hi, all.

Earlier this morning, I submitted Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain. It
received a 99.82 rating. Page breaks have been protected, and headers stripped.
Chapter titles are in tact, as well.

There are some intentionally mispelled words here, mostly found in instant
messages, or the content of text messages.

If you need anything, contact me at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here's the synopsis:
Fifteen-year-old Andy Lockwood is special.

Others notice the way he blurts out anything that comes into his mind, how he
cannot foresee consequences, that he is more child than teenager. But his
mother sees a boy with a heart as open and wide as the ocean.

Laurel Lockwood lost her son once through neglect. She's spent the rest of her
life determined to make up for her mistakes, and she's succeeded in becoming a
committed, protective parent-maybe even overprotective. Still, she loosens her
grip just enough to let Andy attend a local church social-a decision that
terrifies her when the church is consumed by fire. But Andy survives.. and
remarkably, saves other children from the flames. Laurel watches as Andy basks
in the role of unlikely hero and the world finally sees her Andy, the sweet boy
she knows as well as her own heart.

But when the suspicion of arson is cast upon Andy, Laurel must ask herself how
well she really knows her son.. and how far she'll go to keep her promise to
protect him forever.

Shannon
"The different among us tell our stories because we are all only human and so
much need a witness to the truth,"
Claudia Bepko