[bksvol-discuss] New submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:07:46 -0500

Hi, all.

I've just submitted Every Visible Thing by Lisa Carey for your validating
pleasure.

If you have any questions about it, email me at:
solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks, and the synopsis is below.

Shannon

Five years ago the eldest Furey son, Hugh, ran off into the night and never
returned. His parents, estranged by grief, are trying to put the tragedy
behind them after a long, exhausting, and fruitless search. His mother,
recovering from an emotional breakdown, has lost herself in a new career;
Hugh's father, having abandoned his faith and his position as a theology
professor, now cares halfheartedly for their two remaining children. Left
more or less to fend for themselves, ten-year-old Owen and fifteen-year-old
Lena struggle to hold on to their brother's memory-an increasingly
self-destructive obsession that gives rise to angel fantasies, drug use,
quixotic quests, and dangerous experimentation that will ultimately force a
damaged family to confront its past and find a future.

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can
do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the
something I can do.
- Everett Edward Hale, 1822 - 1909