[bksvol-discuss] New submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:35:42 -0500

Hi, all.

I've just submitted Civil Wars by Rosellen Brown to the step one list. Headers
have been stripped. Page breaks have been protected, and common scannos
removed. Find the synopsis below.

Jessie and Teddy, an idealistic couple, who participated in the civil rights
movement in the 60's, are practically the only whites in their neighborhood.
They have raised their children in an environment of racial tolerance. However,
when Teddy's sister and her husband are killed in an accident, Teddy and Jessie
take in her two children, budding racists in their own right. The family is
forced to move, and Jessie struggles to help the children come to terms with
their loss, while teaching them about tolerance.

Shannon
I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale