[bksvol-discuss] Re: Maria / Baroque Music

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:14:00 -0400

Dear Grand Cindy, Marilyn and Music Loving Booksharians,

Marilyn, I can't wait to try the Pandora site. I'm somewhere between you and Grand Cindy when it comes to validating while listening to music. Classical music or instrumental music, like ambient or Celtic or bluegrass, generally feels like a luxurious backdrop to my validating as long as I don't know the words to any of the tunes. When the songs have words, I'm lucky to be able to listen to them and tie my shoes at the same time. It really isn't that bad. I can listen to vocal music as I do audio books while I do chores, knit or groom, anything that's mindless, and validating doesn't fit in the mindless category.

Booksharians have recommended such a well-spring of good sites. I've been thinking of unsubscribing to these Bookshare lists since I've been so remiss in keeping up with e-mail, but if I were to unsubscribe from either of them I'd regret it knowing that practically every day I was missing good stuff.

Always with love,

Lissi

From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Maria / Baroque Music
To: "Maria O. G." <mylarynx@xxxxxxxxx>, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 8:21 AM
Hi, Maria.  Hi, All.

I found this really great music site, totally free, with
all kinds of
music.
It's called "Pandora.com."  It takes a few
seconds to load up, but then
you are given, I think, eight choices of music.  If you
pick
"Classical,"
there are eight categories under that.  I listen to the
Classical when
I'm validating, but I confess I do jump to
"Bubblegum Pop" (under the
"Pop"
category) once in a
while just for kicks.  And every time you return to
Pandora.com, it
immediately starts to play the last music category you
chose, but you
can change your mind mid-song at any time.

Have fun!

Marilyn

On Jul 8, 2008, at 6:51 AM, Maria O. G. wrote:

> And please tell me more about these Baroque concerts.
I work on that
> music and I'd love to get some more mp3 files of
it. The more the
> better.
>
> Have a great day all of you.
> Maria.
line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word
'help' by itself in the subject line.