[bksvol-discuss] Re: Languishing Holds

  • From: "Shannon A. Reece" <shazza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:53:55 -0700

Monica, what I did whenI saw two books that I desperately wanted to read on
the step1 page with Amber's name on them, was to email her and ask her if
she planned on doing the books.  She wrote back and said to take them
because she was totally bogged down and did not have time.  I think I'd
write to whoever had the hold on the books and if there's not a timely
response, my idea would be to go ahead and take the books.  Now I believe
that most of the holds for Lissi are because she either bought the books for
Bookshare to scan and has a print copy of the same book to help her
validate, or because she owns a copy of a book scanned by someone else and
she always validates with a printed copy alongside her if she can.  But
still, it would seem to me that if the books are languishing on step1 and
someone else wants to scan them, I can't see allowing the books to stay on
step1.
Shannon