[bksvol-discuss] Re: K1000 and editing .rtf files question

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:30:47 -0500

K1000 and editing .rtf files questionHi Kaitlan.
Good questions.

I'm not sure why your changes didn't stick unless you forgot to save the file
before exiting. If you did forget to save the file, try going into Kurzweil
without opening your file (take whatever file is there). If it is your .rtf
file, see if your changes might be there.

I prefer to do as much editing as is possible in ms word just because you
always have the potential for error when you do a translation. However, on
those occasions when I do work in K1000 I start by saving the file as a .kes
file because Kurzweil keeps better track of changes etc. in a .kes file. When
I'm finished with Kurzweil I turn it back to a .rtf file. Then I go into word
and make a minor change like inserting a space, then erase that change, then
save the file. I've had instances when k1000 doesn't save the .rtf file
correctly, so I engage in this superstitious behavior to prevent this problem
from occuring.

There is no way to turn formatting on per sé in Kurzweil, but you can search
for a page break in Kurzweil by searching for a \p.

Hope this helps.
Bob