[bksvol-discuss] Re: I scanned a book!

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 04:16:46 -0800 (PST)

I have a very old scanner, which I got free after the
rebate, oh, maybe 8 years ago. So my scanner doesn't
work with the batch thing. It's a flat bed scanner and
sometimes I could scan two pages at once but sometimes
I had to do each page on the B6 size of paper.

Omnipage will do a whole lot more than my scanner will
do, that is for sure.

One thing I noticed is that a lot of times one page
would come out in one font and the other page would
come in a different font. I left them that way because
I think I read that conversion software changes it all
to one standard font.

But sometimes I had to change the font myself just so
I could see it on my screen because for some reason
parts of it were done in subscript. That was weird.

It will be a long time before I can afford a different
scanner. Well, no, not so long. By this time next year
I will be done with school, be certified, and have a
real job! Not that I don't have a job now. But I'm a
merchandiser and I'm only guaranteed 4 hours a week of
work. Sometimes I get as many as 20 and while the
money is nice on those weeks, I also go to school and
have a family. But those 20 hour weeks are few and far
between.

I can't wait until August!

I really can't wait until someone gives me some
feedback on the scan though. You know how scary it is
to do that first one after reading all the messages on
this list!

Jamie in Michigan