[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hymnals in etext or on bookshare

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:34:04 -0800

Hello. I have no idea why you seem to have a degree of hostility towards me and my posts. I didn't once comment on the size, cost, or usability of the Presbyterian hymnal. I don't even know anything about such a hymnal. All I know is that I have the LBW in three volumes from APH. It was given to me so I can't comment on cost. I also know that there are a few Christian organizations who will Braille materials for little or no cost and ask donations. I had no idea it was 18 volumes or that it is not interpoint. That's why I pointed Shelley directly to the OPC and PCA sites. One of them might be willing to get it Brailled and the cost to her could be minimal. That's why I also mentioned PG. While it isn't exactly what she wants, I know of cases where the Lutherans and Presbyterians, and I'm sure other denominations, all use the same very old hymns. Give me a break in the future. I am impressed that you obviously know so much, but some of us don't. I used to be a member of a Lutheran church, but I have only attended a couple OPC services. I won't go into my opinion on why I'm no longer a Lutheran because I don't need it picked apart, thanks anyway.

At 11:19 PM 3/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:

What makes the Presbyterian hymnal 18 volumes is that is hand-transcribed
braille on a single side of a page.
Adding to the bulk is that the transcribers chose to never begin a verse
or chorus on a page
unless it could be completed on that page.
The  LBW, on the other hand, is a press braille book packaged in 3
volumes.
Both may contain a similar amount of material; but the LBW is packaged
better at least for transportability.