[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hymnals in etext or on bookshare

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:43:17 -0500

The sad thing, is though the price they are asking for it.

I mean, no book is worth $1000 for charge, and if I ordered it it would be
$400, I have a problem with this, I don't know why but I just do, smile.

Maybe it is my independent spirit and my father's thriftiness, but I know,
that if all else fails, and I think, I have a lead, on one thanks to someone
on the Bookshare list, I could scan it, for a heck of a lot less.

Sigh.

I have been pasting the hymns in, they email them to me, into the bulletin
and then embossing it, and it works great, I started putting it into a
thring ring binder, and found I could hold and read at the same time.  And
keep up most of the time, not bad for only learning Braille as a teenager.

My poor Braille Blazer though, smile.  Will be getting a new embosser once I
have a real job, smile, as Freedom Scientific doesn't even service them
anymore.  Good little monsters though.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council