[bksvol-discuss] Drupal Book

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:11:07 -0400

Hi,

I have been struggling to get the book about Drupal 6 into a usable form for
over a month now.  I have a handful of other cut books that I can scan that
have far fewer epigrams and other graphical elements which, according to
Susan, my lovely wife of 21 years, do little more than illustrate the prose
, hence are of no use for a blind reader.  The file which held the image
data got badly corrupted, grew to nearly 1gb and is now useless.

I have a fast scanner so rescanning the book for the fourth time won't be an
issue nor will take too much time during which I can also drink coffee and
eat an English muffin with seedless raspberry jam.

Is there a sighted validator who can go through this document, in image
format, removing all of the items that turn out as schmootz when OP
recognizes them as text.  Also, telling me which settings I should use for
best performance (dpi, greay scale/b&W, etc.) would be helpful in getting
rid of this albatross.

I've read the document in unclean .rtf and its quite usable but TOC and
index point to virtually random numbers.

Please help once again,
cdh