[bksvol-discuss] Re: Drupal Book

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 06:55:55 -0400

Yeah, I guess I should read the actual manual rather than expecting things
to either be obvious or waiting for some actually prepared person to hold my
hand through the questions I come up with <embarrassed>.

I've spent a lifetime ignoring manuals and just jumping in and probably
close to half a lifetime trying to figure things out that would have been
obvious if I'd paid any attention to the actual instructions.  Many years
ago, a couple of friends of mine from the legendary but now defunct Boston
Computer Society actually published a book about the early Macintosh
entitled "What You Would Have Learned About Your Macintosh Had You Read the
Manual Plus Other Tips" and sold quite a few copies.  Although I had a Mac,
I didn't read their book either.

Have fun,
cdh