[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dealing with tables.

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:54:55 -0500

Hi Sarah,

That time is upon us.
Bookshare accepts daisy books now, and when they are resubmitted after validation, they are one of the exceptions as they need to be re-uploaded as daisy.
I know this as I downloaded the only daisy book on the list only to find it was actually a doc file, and I couldn't accept it as the system wanted a daisy file in return.
Fortunately, the submitter corrected the problem and submitted the book as a doc file which I was able to accept, but I haven't gotten around yet to rejecting the daisy version.
I've had my eye on your book, but I have a couple of others ahead of it, but if it is still there in a day or so I'll grab it.

Dave

At 04:30 PM 2/7/2005, you wrote:
I would love to have my submission of The Code Book validated so I could
examine the daisy results of the tables I painstakingly fixed with my
husband's assistence.  If I find that grabbing a table from the book and
putting it in Word, followed by setting the column and row titles using the
bookmarking method described in the JAWS 6.0 update documentation, does not
make it easily readable, and reading it from the HTML file that can be
created by the bookshare unpack tool also doesn't work well, then I will
know not to waste any effort on such things until bookshare can accept daisy
files directly, and I learn how to submit the perfect daisy file, and what
is the best that can be done for the BRF copy if you don't have or know how
to use the expensive transcriber's programs. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/