[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dealing with tables.

  • From: "Jamal Mazrui" <Jamal.Mazrui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:57:07 -0500

I am showing my ignorance here about acceptable submission formats to
BookShare, since I do not know whether HTML is one of them.  If it is,
there are specific accessibility standards for coding tables, which make
them accessible with screen readers in a web browser.  For example, the
screen reader can speak the row and column labels associated with each
data cell.  I think a good source of HTML accessibility info is at
http://www.jimthatcher.com

Regards,
Jamal