[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Without Page Numbers

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 20:44:17 -0700

Thanks, Roger; that's good to know.  I'm going to the eye doctor in a
few weeks; hopefully my cataracts aren't growing and only my glasses
need adjusting. Anyway, I understand that cataracts can be removed
easily and people who have had them removed can see better than ever
in their lives. So presumably I won't need my credits.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Roger Loran Bailey
<rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> #
> No, you can pay for your subscription in credits, even from the start.
>
> On 5/13/2013 11:13 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
>>
>> But if you do have a table of contents, as someone asked, that should
>> give you the page numbers of the first pages of the chapters; from the
>> first page of the first chapter you can number backward in roman
>> numerals to the title,and you can number forward, checking
>> occasionally with the table of contents to see if your page numbers
>> agree  with the chapters.
>>
>> For me to get the print book and send a list of page numbers and the
>> text on those pages is too time-consuming and difficult. I've done it
>> before and never will  again. If you release it and want me to proof
>> it I'll donate  my credits to you, as many as you need. I have plenty,
>> and hopefully, though I and my eyesight are aging, I won't need them.
>> (If I do reach the point where I have to join bookshare the initial
>> membership has to be real money, I believe.
>> Cindy
>>

>> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Allison Hilliker <AllisonH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Lisa and others,
>>>

>>> Please don’t guess at page numbers and then put them in the file
>>> according
>>> to where you think they should go. If you can get a sighted proofer to
>>> help
>>> you identify some of the numbered pages and then fill in the missing
>>> numbers
>>> from there then that’s fine, but please don’t just arbitrarily choose a