[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Without Page Numbers

  • From: Allison Hilliker <AllisonH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:51:10 +0000

Hi Lisa and others,

Please don't guess at page numbers and then put them in the file according to
where you think they should go. If you can get a sighted proofer to help you
identify some of the numbered pages and then fill in the missing numbers from
there then that's fine, but please don't just arbitrarily choose a spot and
start numbering. We'd like the book's content to be as close to the original
print book as possible. If you can't access the page numbers from either the
file you have or with help from another volunteer then please reject the book.
You can still finish reading your copy if you like, but please don't proof and
upload it with missing or incorrect page numbers.

Thanks!

Allison

Bookshare Collection Development Associate