[bksvol-discuss] Re: Back pages

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:38:41 -0700

Hi All,

As it stands now numbering back pages that are un numbered in the print version
is optional. There is no policy on this. Some continue with the next number
after the final numbered page. Others start over at 1

An aside: the discussion recently about formatting, navigation, and various
quality issues is actually encouraging to us in-hoiuse. Clearly everyone is
seriously grappling with core quality issues and pouring themselves into the
task. Thank you!

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow

From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:23:23 -0700
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Back pages

I number them only because I know the tool will, but I would guess either is
right...

Valerie

On Jun 1, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Susan Lumpkin wrote:

I never number mine Sue! Wouldn’t it be changing the book if we numbered them?
Happy proofing!

Susan