[bksvol-discuss] Re: @all bookshare members: read this information ASAP not bad Just an FYI

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:28:47 -0700

Hi Bookworm101,

Unfortunately, no, we have no mechanism for doing that. The best we can d is
tightly adhere to our discussion group rules that this is a list for Bookshare
volunteers to discuss issues related to volunteering with Bookshare with an
emphasis on scanning and proofreading. Then all side conversations should take
place via private email.

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow

From: Nadia Cioffi <cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:23:53 -0700
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] @all bookshare members: read this information ASAP
not bad Just an FYI

Scott,
Do u have some sujustens on how to make our conversations pirate.
What I mean by that is there a way we can some how chat privately withought
using this site. I'm fine with google be surchable but I don't want something
that has repercussion for people like me from getting a job. If someone takes
the email the wrong way. Also, I've seen a big increase in my spam late sense I
joined. You take things very well but other don't. I sujust you take of your
signers with your websites,email, and socail Media information. Can we set up
so sort of Private messaging system to all of list members? How do me move to
"personal". Also, to theses who send their personal email and phone number just
be ware.
Bookworm101

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Scott Rains
<scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Folks,

Nadia has made an good point here that I will reiterate about Freelists. Part
of the list host's business model is that the posts are searchable by Google.
This means that our conversations here are not private. Ts has obvious
implications for issues such as civility and how we want to be personally
perceived through the public legacy we leave in our posts. It also requires us
to be sensitive to using the preferred identifiers of others on the list. In
some cases people have important reasons for remaining known only by their
screen names. Please honor that. One way to limit mistakes is to quickly move
OT and personal conversation to private email

Scott Rains
Benetec Fellow

From: Nadia Cioffi <cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:33:39 -0700
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: @all bookshare helpers: lost book title and isbn
for gaming books

no poroble thanks to all you that Scan all the books if you need something that
dose not involve scanning let me know and I'l try. I always scan things
backwards or with to much glare where the OCR can't change it. If get the book
with a CD then I do it though. Has anyone put up windows 7 step by step under
computer and OS. I didn't have an account at the time so I let my friend take
credit for it.
Have a nice day and hope to help more
Bookwormhelper101
P.S I think everyone should start doing if you type your name into google then
it will find all them emails we send using freelists and rather not have that
so if you don't mind refereeing to me as bookworm101 that way google does not
make the connection between my email and first name. You get a lot less spam
that way.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Christina
<greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Thanks for helping.  *Smile*
Christina