[bksvol-discuss] Re: BSO files

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 20:26:20 -0400

This is almost beginning to sound like an Abbot & Costello routine. According to the Bookshare policy, you should leave the BSO in the title field so the staff will note it is a resubmission. You do not need to note in the comment field that it is a resubmission. As for the file name itself, do whatever floats your boat, the Bookshare software doesn't care what you call the file, and it assigns its own name regardless of what you call it. As for BSO showing up occasionally as part of the title on the new books list, these were slips where the BSO wasn't removed from the title field by the staff prior to posting. This was perhaps during the period when the staff was trying to pick up all Gustavo's duties and everybody was not tuned into looking for the BSO.

Sorry for causing confusion on this issue by admitting I remove BSO from the title field and plug it into the comment field, but I freely admit to being an unreconstructed, stubborn, blankity, blank ...

Dave

At 07:32 PM 5/9/2007, you wrote:
So, I should leave the BSO in the tile but not in the uploaded file. correct, or should I also leave the BSO out of the title? I am still confused as to what to do.

Barbara

siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is correct, Cindy. You do not need to put BSO in the comments,
just leave it in the title after validating.

Sue S.