[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ariella Papa again

  • From: "Shannon A. Reece" <shazza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:20:52 -0700

Okay Gerald thank you for the answers to both my queries.  The book I validated
and accepted before getting the Papa was .rtf and had such obvious page breaks
that I sensed something was wrong with the Papa book.
But now I have one more, based on your message below.
You said:
The trick is to open the tXT file with Word then immediately save it as RTF or
a .DOC file. until you're ready to upload.  At that time, it should be saved as
an RTF file anyway.

But isn't the book supposed to be uploaded in the original format that it was
downloaded in?  So in the case of the troublesome Papa book, doesn't it have to
be in .txt upon upload since it was .txt when I downloaded it?

And also, should I have rejected the book instead of releasing it if I had the
strong sense that the page numbers were not in that file?
The last thing I want to do is give Gustavo, or any validator, grief by doing
something wrong.
Thanks again!
Confusedly yours,
Shannon