[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult rating or not?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:32:40 -0500

If any child can really get through childhood without encountering
those words on nearly a daily basis then that child is so sheltered
that he or she is likely to be a victim of child abuse. Let's face it,
there is entirely too much effort put into "protecting" children from
things that they can't be protected from in the first place and in the
second place won't do them any harm anyway. It seems to me that there
are plenty of real dangers out there without wasting protective
resources in keeping children from hearing common everyday words.