[Birkdale Pointe] Birkdale Pointe Snow Plow Update

  • From: birkdalepointe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: communiques birkdale <birkdalepointe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:58:06 -0800 (PST)

Happy New Year to All,

This will be my last plea for funds for the snow plow contract for Birkdale
Pointe for the 2009/2010 season. I have received contributions from 144/194 for
snow plowing. The contract is paid in full. ( I have collected $8660.00)  As of
this writing I have $900.00 in reserve for salt applications if needed.  My
goal was to have $1000.00. A full road salt application will cost about
$500.00. J & S is presently salting the entrances as part of our contract. He
is going considerably further  into the entrances as an extra for us at no
charge and has even applied some salt to the roads, hill areas, and
intersections on 2 occasions at no charge. If I choose to apply a full road
application it will be with his recommendation.

Some things to keep in mind with regard to our contract:

J & S will plow at 2" or more. Snow depth is determined by the official report
of the National Bureau and General Weather Service. They will salt all
entrances when plowed. They have also come out and salted the entrances even
when we have not had 2 " of snow but the conditions were icy. ( They did this
at good will)

J & S is not responsible for vehicles left on the street when plowing occurs or
for removing snow blocked by such vehicles during a snowstorm. ( if possible
keep vehicles off the streets )

Two people have contacted me that they have seen Oakland County trucks in here.
I have contacted Oakland County and they have insisted that if trucks were in
here it was driver error because at the time of the sightings no subdivisions
were being done. Oakland County stated that subdivisions are the last on any
list for any plowing/salting. They also said that they are using a salt/sand
combination for all road surfaces.  Those of you checking the county
recommendations for salt amounts used is different for main roads and highways
than it is for subdivisions, and does not give a true estimate for what is
needed in an area such as ours.

I am still accepting contributions through this week. There are still several
people who emailed me and promised a payment that I have yet to receive. Now
would be the time to do that. As I have stated many times,  if we do not use
the extra money for salt it will be divided equally between all who paid $60.00
or more and returned to those who have contributed in the spring. As this
contribution is for a specific purpose I will not keep or use the money for any
other purpose on behalf of Birkdale Pointe. It will be returned. If the need
for salt should exceed the amount of money I have left, I will be asking for
additional contributions for salt.

If you have not yet contributed to this effort please consider doing so as
everyone benefits from safer conditions in our neighborhood. 50 households have
not contributed - of those 50 , 5 or 6 homes are vacant due to foreclosures or
sales. ((2 homes that are vacant and for sale have contributed) I have asked
for $60.00 per household. Any donations will be gladly accepted. Checks should
be made out to CASH with snow plow and lot # on the memo line. Checks or cash
can be mailed to me or dropped to my home. Please do not leave anything in my
mailbox.
My address is 5118 Birkdale Dr. ( lot #83)

Next week I will be sending an email acknowledging those who have contributed
to this effort. I believe that good deeds need to be recognized. The support
and contributions have been wonderful. If you contributed, and do not want your
name posted - please email me and I will include you as an anonymous donor.

If you have neighbors without email please pass this along to them.

Questions/comments hit reply to this mail or email me directly at
birkdalepointe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank You to All,

Geralyn Milewski
248-366-6232