[birdky] Re: NEW PHOTO QUIZ

  • From: michael autin <napkinarmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brainard.palmer-ball@xxxxxx>, BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:41:05 -0400

Oh this is fun! I was looking at it last night without a bird book and felt I
only had a few riddles to solve.  Going back to it with bird book in hand I
think:

1st.photo:
10 mallards
2 American Black Duck
2 Northern Pintail
1 scaup most likely greater

2nd photo:
12 Northern Pintail
4 American Black Duck
3 Lesser Scaup- 1 male and two females
1 American Widgeon
1 teal most likely green-wg. but this is the one I am the most unsure about;
size, bill, coloring below seem to indicate but want to hear other peoples'
opinion.

Good Birding and love those photo quizes,
Michael Autin,
Louisville