[birdky] Re: NEW PHOTO QUIZ

  • From: "Mark Monroe" <markmonroe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:14:39 -0400

Ok, as long as someone else was willing to take a stab first, I guess
I'll go as well, with the caveat that this is an outstanding photo
quiz with varying difficulty in it. :)

Agree that there are 3 and only 3 obvious (Mallard, Pintail, Black Duck).

Add what appears to be Green-winged Teal in photo 2 and what appears
to me to be Scaup in both photos (I'll tentatively agree that the male
in photo 1 looks like it might be a Greater).
Bird in middle of photo 1 perplexes me with how dark it is.  I thought
it was a Gadwall at first glance, but wing pattern appears to be
Wigeon.  Bird seems awfully dark though.

So, I'll go with 6 (or 7) as my guess realizing that I probably
overlooked something.  Mallard, Pintail, Black Duck, Green-winged
Teal, American Wigeon, Greater Scaup and probably Lesser Scaup.

Mark Monroe
Louisville