Badges - Re: Satellite Radio

  • From: "CarlGlas" <CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:49:01 -0500

I am not kidding and I am not picking on you. This is where the axe fell.

    From: TADSPAN50@xxxxxxx
    Sender: badges-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 12:56:09 -0400 (EDT)
    To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    ReplyTo: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Forrest try this:

    Arness was born James Aurness in Minneapolis;[4] he would drop the "u"
later. His parents were Rolf Cirkler Aurness (July 22, 1894 – July 1982), a
businessman, and Ruth (née Duesler) Aurness (died September 1986), a
journalist. His father's ancestry was Norwegian, his mother's German.[5] The
family name had been Aursnes, but when Rolf's father Peter Aursnes emigrated
from Norway in 1887, he changed it to Aurness.[6] Arness and his family were
Methodists.[7] Arness' younger brother was actor Peter Graves (1926-2010).
Peter used the stage name "Graves", a maternal family name.[6]

    Arness attended John Burroughs Grade School, Washburn High School and West
High School in Minneapolis. During this time, Arness worked as a courier for a
jewelry wholesaler, loading and unloading railway boxcars at the James J.
Hill's Burlington freight-yards in Minneapolis, and logging in Pierce,
Idaho.[6] Despite "being a poor student and skipping many classes", he
graduated from high school in June 1942. He then enlisted in the United States
Army to serve in World War II.[6]

    In a message dated 7/30/2011 6:52:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fj@xxxxxxxxx writes:
      Brothers, James and Peter Aumess, better known by their acting names:

      James Arness (Gunsmoke, the Thing)
      Peter Graves (MIssion Impossible, etc.)

      Forrest