[aztec-users] Scripting/Console window

  • From: Alexander Enzmann <xander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Aztec <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:19:07 -0400

Downloaded first crack at console window.  A couple of observations:
   - No <cr> after results are printed, they just pile up in a line
   - Answer is printed before input in top part of window:
        Typed in:       x = 2<ctl-cr>
        Console window: 2x=2
   - You can enter things in script window, but results come out in
console window.
   - Can't move splitter bar between bottom (entry part) and top

I'm a little disconcerted by the entry in the bottom versus output in
the top.  Not that this is a bad way to do things, but I've gotten
accustom to command entry in interpreters where the input and response
are interspersed.  (This is from use of Lisp, Prolog, and JavaScript
interpreters.)  I'm curious what other people have either gotten to like
or have gotten used to.

Xander