[aztec-users] Re: Scripting/Console window

  • From: Alexander Enzmann <xander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:35:33 -0400

> I understand how its disconcerting. Exactly how I felt when the combine i/o
> script interpreter appeaded :)

I'll get used to it - just not familiar to me.

> It just boils down to what you are used to I guess. My personal preference
> is for the separate input/output (obviously), and others prefer the two
> combined. The tcl interpreter I use a fair bit uses a combined inteface, and
> I hate using it. I open up notepad or something, type my scipts in, and copy
> and paste them. Same goes for WinCVS (since it uses tcl as well)
>
> I think we can just have the two windows there to cater for everyone.

Naw, it's better to do things one way.  Why support two windows and the
associated source code when one will do?

> On an unrelated side note. I have array parameters and associated java
> scripting happening at the moment. So I've got javascripts accessing mesh
> vertices working, its really neat.

Every piece that gets added makes the scripting more versitile.
Hopefully there is enough code in the scripting area that if someone
really wants to make a contribution they can see how to do it.  Working
at the vertex level is a big plus for a programmatic interface.  IIRC,
I'd only provided hooks to do manipulate vertices in a mesh through
function calls.  Array manipulations are much more convenient for many
operations - perhaps a way to implement mesh modifiers.

Xander