[AZ-Observing] (no subject)

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-astroimaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-astroimaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 14:01:18 -0700

This is a huge FOV taken with my FSQ 106 and reducer from home here in Phoenix.
I used 13 30 minute Ha subs (6.5 hours) with 15 each of RGB at 30 second each.
Because of the bad light pollution where I live I wanted to see if I could take
short exposures just to get some natural star color and see if there was enough
color signal in there to bring out the red from the hydrogen. Not the greatest
result but it does work. Next time I might try 60 seconds on the RGBs. I am
going to add OIII eventually and see how this looks as a bi color.
Happy New Year to all

Albert

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/23464302413/in/dateposted-public/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/23464302413/in/dateposted-public/>