[AZ-Observing]

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Az-Observing@Freelists. Org" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:38:22 -0400

Hello all;

We are at Bryce Canyon, drove north on a rainy day and made it with no
trouble.  Because the weather has been mediocre at best, we did no
observing at Zion.  I could not get a signal to get on the Internet while
at Zion, so this is the catch up message.

Again because of weather we just moved on north out of Flagstaff, spent a
couple of days near Kanab, Ut.  We drove to the North Rim and spent some
time at those spectacular overlooks.  After a great time in Zion, we drove
on north today.

Tom and Jeannie Clark and I are in the Bryce Canyon Park camp ground.  The
facilities are not much, just a place to put the RV.  But, it is a LOT
cheaper than anything outside the park.  If this latest weather front will
clear out we are going to try and get some observing done before the Moon
is too thick.

Then it will be on to Capitol Reef Park and evertually to Colorado for the
June Star Party near Grand Junction.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe