[AZ-Observing] Young Moon

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:22:33 -0700

OK, got out in the backyard and got lucky, my neighbor's tree was in the
way, but by getting to the fence line I was able to get a clear view. It
seemed a bit higher than the 5 degrees SkyMap said, but that's probably me
:-) Anyway broke out the 15x70's and took a look. The crescent seemed to
span about 130-140 degrees and I could make out some detail at the thickest
part of the crescent. I could see some of the peaks near the southern limb
in shadow, always interesting. This at 23 h 30min old, I think this is my
youngest moon.

Thanks Mark for the heads up.

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera