[AZ-Observing] Re: Some thoughts on the AAMM

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:25:56 -0700

From the FWIW department,  I took SQM readings at the AAMM at one hour
intervals from 04:00 UT to 08:00 UT Saturday (the night before the
'official' marathon). All readings were taken from the same location: N32°
27.673', W111° 43.843', Elevation 1,716 ft.

04:00 UT - 21.38
05:00 UT - 21.45
06:00 UT - 21.52
07:00 UT - 21.53
08:00 UT - 21.55

Each of these readings was actually an average of three consecutive
readings.

 I didn't take any further readings that night because I became engrossed
with galaxies in Canes Venatici (especially the interacting pair known as
Arp 269 or NGC4485/4490).
I took one reading on Marathon night, around 07:00 UT, but apparently only
noted it on my Messier checklist because it isn't in any notes I can find
here.  ;-)

Peter