[AZ-Observing] Re: Young Moon

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:33:33 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
Hi Lynn,
Unfortunately, Yahoogroups doesn't allow you to send attachments. Maybe, if you
have a website, just post your URL so that we can enjoy your image.
I'm glad someone mentioned the moon because I had a very enjoyable time
observing it last night (Thursday) in early twilight with my 25-in while the
moon was about 45 degrees above the horizon. Though it was a bit breezy, the
seeing was good enough for me to see a plethora of black dots (craterlets)
scattered over the moon's surface. It was wonderful. You just don't get that
same effect with smaller telescopes. I also used my 13-in at about the same
magnification as the bigger scope. The image in the smaller telescope was a bit
crisper, but the visual effect of the multitude of small black dots in the
bigger scope was astonishing.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)