[AZ-Observing] Re: Web Sites

  • From: "Laurel" <laureldunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:32:53 -0700

You are welcome.  and I completely believe that they ARE more interested in
red squirrels and pygmy owls.  They are "cute" and receive a great deal of
"media coverage and press"  For the reason that they are perceived as "cute
and vulnerable" they are also frequently used to promote political agenda
that has little to do with critical environmental concerns.  This is exactly
my point, and the fact that the "stomata" were called cells on that
animation.  So now you can choose to affect the current paradigm.

What is important is often not cute or popular.  You can teach them that
those plant "lungs" as small and possibly uninteresting and un cute as they
are...  create most of the breathable oxygen on this planet.

all the best to you and your kids
Laurel