[AZ-Observing] Re: Venus

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 01:15:30 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 Welcome to the group, Klaus, a very valued addition to be
sure! You'll probably see Brian's name showing up quite often, too. Our HAC
group drove by your neighborhood on the way up to our Annular Eclipse site in
Page, AZ, last weekend. I looked at Venus yesterday and noted that the crescent
looked like about a 2-3 day old moon. I intentionally looked to see if I could
detect any sort of "earth shine" or ashen light effect, but no luck. I used my
13-in reflector at about 100x with no filter.
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)