[AZ-Observing] Re: Venus

  • From: Klaus Brasch <krbrasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:25:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

 body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;ba=
ckground-color: #ffffff;color: black;}
Good to hear from you Wayne and thanks for the Venus report. Negatives a= re
just as valuable as positives when it comes to the ashen light. Dro= p by
next time you are in the neighborhood.

Best,

Klaus

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 Welcome to the grou= p, Klaus, a very valued addition to
be sure! You'll probably see Brian's na= me showing up quite often, too. Our
HAC group drove by your neighborhood on= the way up to our Annular Eclipse
site in Page, AZ, last weekend. I looked= at Venus yesterday and noted that
the crescent looked like about a 2-3 day= old moon. I intentionally looked
tosee if I could detect any sort of "ear= th shine" or ashen light effect,
but no luck. I used my 13-in reflector at = about 100x with no filter.
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)