[AZ-Observing] Re: Tonight's Eclipse

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 00:01:40 -0700

I've seen a spectacular eclipse high in the sky yet where you could only
see it with averted vision, very dark brownish gold. This was in
~1963-64, I think the year of Kilauea or Pinatubo.

During tonight's eclipse, I saw at 7:59pm what looked like (thru the
telescope) a tiny round disk, reminding me of a Jupiter moon shadow on
Jupiter, not an airplane, too big for a satellite, slowly crossing the
lit part of the moon. Anyone else happen to see it? Only reporting what
I saw... (8" f/10 S-C, 75X, North Central Phx.)

Jack Jones