[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel next weekend

  • From: "Randy Peterson" <rgpeterson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:41:13 -0700

Bill, I was at the freeway turnoff from I-10 that leads to the site this
morning.  (There was an asteroid occultation that was predicted to happen
there at 5:33 this morning.  Although I had a clear view of the star there
was a negative occultation.)

Anyway, the point is I have a Qwest cellphone also, that showed the
"roaming" sign from there.  Can't speak for the actual observing site,
though, as my location was a couple hundred yards south-west of the freeway
near exit 81.  Just FYI, my Qwest cellphone doesn't work from FJ or Vekol
either.

Randy Peterson
EVAC