[AZ-Observing] Re: Rubylith source for using notebook PC at night?

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:53:02 -0600

The Phoenix source is Arizona Art Supply at 118 W. Indian School,
602-264-9514. Rubylith is THE best for this purpose and is only a few
dollars for a sheet large enough to make four screens. It also eliminates
that off-axis screen glow that plagues other methods. Most programs 'night
vision' mode is just not enough and many laptops don't have the range of
brightness control needed. I find one layer of Rubylith is enough for mine.
I use small pieces of double sided tape in the corners. It is thinner than
velcro so I can close the lid and the sheet can easily be removed over and
over as needed.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events