[AZ-Observing] Re: Report from Hovatter Norte

  • From: L Knauth <Knauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:37:14 -0700

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the kind note.

I also got transfixed with the veil and an O-III filter.  It was in an
uncomfortable position, so I just did one traverse of all the different parts.
I had observed it previously with the 25" at the Anita site near the Grand
Canyon.  It was (and remains) a real mind-boggler.  All the twisted strands and
such. John Durham dragged his wife out of deep sleep to climb the ladder and
see it on that trip.

I would have also liked to stay Saturday night, but I was worn out from the
physical effort it takes to observe with the 25".  And, sleeping in the day out
there is still too hot.  One such was enough.

I forgot to notify you and Jack Jones again.  Sorry, I just did a response to
the malachite group.  The Antennas site may be better; I am just so used to
Hovatter Norte and feel so safe there.

Best,  Paul

Paul Knauth
School of Earth and Space Exploration