[AZ-Observing] Re: Report from Hovatter Norte

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 22:31:58 -0700

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 19:27 -0700, L Knauth wrote:
> The sky was clear but bright for some reason; the best meter
> reading was 21.3.

     I'm pretty sure the night airglow has been in a high state
recently.  I got similar 'bright' SQM values all night last week
at Anderson Mesa.  The data are shown at my nighttime cloudiness
page:

http://www.lowell.edu/Research/cloudiness_data/clouds.html

See the list at the bottom of the report for October 2009.

\Brian