[AZ-Observing] Re: Report from Hovatter Norte

  • From: "Paul Lind" <pulind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:34:27 -0700

Paul,

Really enjoryed your report.  Your descriptions have stretched the limits of
my imagination. Wow, "Strands, filiments and the blindingly luminous core".
Several of us were just south of you at the Antennas site.  I, too, had an
amazing night. My first big discovery was heard across the field: "Oh Crap,
I forgot my altitude encoder!".  Friday turned out to be a good night
anyway.  Several of us, Chris Hanrahan, Darrel Spencer, Richard Harshaw et.
al. admired the various parts of the Veil nebula in my 14" (using an O3
filter).  There were all kinds of swirls and twists and contorted
nebulosities.  It was sort of  a Halloween experience!  We studied it for a
half hour.  I wish I could have stayed Saturday, but the local war
department said I had to be home and be well rested for some company on
Sunday!

Paul