[AZ-Observing] Re: Phoenix man sentenced for shining laser at two commercial airliners, police helicopter over Valley

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:24:29 -0700

Dan,

Exactly my point. In one of Tom Clancy's novels (Executive Orders, I
believe) there was a plot line where Mr Clark & Ding Chavez are under cover
in Japan (Who has declared war on the US). They take up residence in a
building conveniently at the end of a runway at a Japanese military base and
use a high powered laser to blind & paralyze pilots of the Japanese version
of the AWACS on short final causing them to crash, seemingly, to the
Japanese, for no apparent reason.

Rick Tejera (K7TEJ)
Sagauro Astronomy Club
www.saguaroastro.org